Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
The Web, Hardee's famous Buttermilk biscuts.
- 4 cups self-rising flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2⁄3 cup shortening
- Mix together but do not knead.
- Roll out to 1 inch thick.
- Cut and brush tops with additional buttermilk.
- Place on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake@ 400 degrees for 15 minutes.
Ah, but I used to work at Hardees. They do, butter the rolls before they put them in the oven. Actually the bottom of them. They used a mix of butter and margarine and brushed it onto the pan before putting in the oven. When the biscuits are first out of the oven they brush that same mixture on the top of the biscuits.
These biscuits are almost foolproof! They rise up high, and taste really good! Thanks for sharing! Katie
This recipe is noyhing like the biscuits at Hardee's.They NEVER butter the biscuits before they go into the oven.And your ratio of baking powder to buttermilk is off. Dont waste your flour on this one.