Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 mins
www.TopSecretRecipes.com Made since 1961 at Hardee's Restaurant's in Greenville North Carolina.
- 1 hamburger bun with sesame seeds
- 1⁄4 lb ground beef
- 1 dash salt
- 1 onion rings
- 2 sliced pickles
- 1 large tomatoes, slice
- 1 leaf lettuce
- 1 teaspoon reduced-calorie mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon catsup
- Preheat skillet on medium heat. Toast both of the bum face down. Set aside. Form the beef patty larger than the size of the bun, salt lightly.Cook 2 minutes on each side.
- Build the burger as follows from the bottom up! Bottom bun,beef patty,onion ring,pickles,tomato slice,lettuce leaf,mayonnaise,catsup and then the top bun! There's your Hardee's 1/4 pounder burger.
- Recipe adapted from Todd Wilbur's version of Hardee's 1/4-pound Hamburger www.TopSecretRecipes.com.
Very good All-American burger. Directions are easy to follow. Prepared for PAC Spring 2009.
This recipe was created by Todd Wilbur for his book "Top Secret Recipes (Penguin/Putnam 1993)