Recipe by Jamilahs_Kitchen
A nice Alexandria way to do eggs. Really yummy if you enjoy hard boiled eggs like my DH.
Top Review by UmmBinat
A nice different way to have eggs for breakfast. I cooked my eggs first using recipe#449141. I used a good extra virgin olive oil plus the rest of the ingredients. Don't cook in a cast iron pan or the eggs may pick up grey colour from the acidity of the tomatoes on the iron. I added the sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper near the end of cooking time. Made for ALL YOU CAN COOK BUFFET - SPECIAL EVENT!
- 1 onion, very finely chopped
- 2 -3 ripe tomatoes
- 3 -6 hardboiled eggs
- cooking oil
- sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and slice the tomatoes ½ inch thick. Fry the onion until it softens, then add the tomatoes and cook for 10-12 minutes.
- Shell the eggs, leave whole and slide onto the tomato mixture. Cook for 5 minutes.
- To serve, remove the eggs, halve, arrange in a serving dish and cover with the tomato mixture.