- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 -2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups finely chopped apples
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix flour, sugar and butter until crumbly. Add nuts.
- Press 2 3/4 cups crumbs into a 9x13 in baking pan.
- To the remaining mixture, add the cinnamon, soda, sald, sour cream, egg and vanilla. Blend well. Add apples.
- Spoon evenly over crust. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Serve warm or cool.
- Cut into squares and top with whipped cream if desired.