Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I have not tried this yet but sounds good enough.
- 2 cups pure soap bars, flakes
- 1 1⁄2 cups borax laundry detergent
- 6 cups warm water
- 1⁄2 cup glycerin
- 2 teaspoons essential oils (either lavender, lemon or eucalyptus)
- In med pan, stir soap flakes, borax,& water.
- Heat slowly, stir til mix is clear.
- Add glycerin, set aside to cool.
- When cool, add essential oil, stir well.
- Pour in mason jar or other container, cover til needed.
- To use, add 1 cup Gel per load of clothes, making sure soap is dissolved well before adding clothes to water.
- This gel works best w/warm water, or dissolve it in qt warm water before adding it to the wash.