Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
From www.TopSecretRecipes.com Twisted cavatappi pasta, tossed in a lightly spiced 3 sauce with roasted red peppers and topped with Parmesan parsley breadcrumbs.
- 2 cups uncooked cavatappi pasta or 2 cups elbow macaroni
- 1⁄3 cup whole milk
- 4 ounces Velveeta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup diced roasted red pepper
- parmesan breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons seasoned breadcrumbs (Italian style)
- 2 teaspoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon finely minced parsley
- Cook pasta following the directions on package. Drain.
- Combine milk, Velveeta, cheddar cheese, Jack cheese, cayenne pepper, and black pepper in saucepan.
- Cook over low heat until cheese is melted and sauce is smooth.
- Add pasta and roasted pepper to the pan, and then toss to coat the pasta.
- Combine the breadcrumbs, Parmesan and parsley in a small bowl.
- Pour pasta into a serving bowl, and then sprinkle Parmesan breadcrumbs over the top.
I had the pleasure to dine on this at the Hard Rock Café Orlando and it was FANTASTIC!! I can`t wait to make it myself.
This recipe was created by Todd Wilbur for his book "Top Secret Restaurant Recipes 3 (Penguin/Putnam) www.TopSecretRecipes.com
Ooh la la! I found this recipe on Recipe Lion, and I wish I doubled the recipe. There wasn't quite as much as I would have liked. I skipped the bell pepper, breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, and parsley and it still turned out fantastic. I love how quickly you can whip this up--no baking required--but it tastes like you went the extra mile. MMMM! Thank you for posting this great recipe!