southern chef in louisiana's Note:
From www.TopSecretRecipes.com Got this from my copykat recipe book. These are Texas style ribs basted in special watermelon BBQ sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1For the pureed watermelon rind, you want to cut off the green skin and about 1/2 inch of the hard white part. Keep the part that is lighter red to white (this is the tender part of the rind).
- 2Put the rind inside the food processor and purée for only about 10 seconds. Strain the liquid from the pulp and use 1 cup.
- 3Combine the 1 cup watermelon pulp with the remaining ingredients in medium saucepan over high heat. Bring to a boil, and then reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for about 1 hour or until your desired thickness.
- 4Cut the racks of ribs into plate-size portions, about 6 to 7 ribs each. Brush each rib with the sauce and wrap each rack individually in aluminum foil. Be sure to save some sauce for later.
- 5Let the ribs marinate in the refrigerator for a couple of hours (overnight is best).
- 6Preheat the oven to 300°F to cook the ribs. Set them with the seam of the foil facing up in the oven. Bake for 2 to 2 1/2 hours or until the rib meat has pulled back from the cut end of the bones by about 1/2 inch. They should be very tender.
- 7Remove the ribs form the foil and brush with additional sauce. Grill on a hot barbecue for 2 to 4 minutes per side or until you see several spots of charred sauce (be sure to watch them so they do not burn).
- 8Serve with reserved sauce on the side.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hard Rock Cafe Famous Baby Back Watermelon Ribs by Todd Wilbur
Serving Size: 1 (596 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1549.8
- Calories from Fat 878
- Total Fat 97.6 g
- Saturated Fat 35.3 g
- Cholesterol 381.0 mg
- Sodium 721.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 25.3 g
- Protein 104.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: