Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this recipe in the America's Most Wanted Recipes Without the Guilt. Cut the calories and keep the taste of your favorite restaurant dishes. Time does not include 4 hour to overnight marinating time.
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 8 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic pepper seasoning
- 1 tablespoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon lowfat margarine, melted
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons grated fat-free parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounces penne pasta, cooked until al dente (I use Dreamfields pasta)
- 3⁄4 cup baby spinach leaves
- 1⁄4 cup diced tomato
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Combine first four ingredients with 1 cup water to make the marinade. Marinate the chicken breasts in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or up to overnight.
- Mix the kosher salt, garlic pepper, white pepper, cayenne pepper and onion powder together in a small bowl to make the cajun seasoning.
- Preheat the grill to medium heat or preheat the broiler.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and season both sides with the Cajun seasoning. Discard the marinade. Grill the chicken until cooked through and no longer pink in the middle, turning once. When cool enough to handle, cut into 5 or 6 slices.
- In a medium bowl, mix the melted margarine, cream cheese, 1 tablespoon of Parmesan cheese, basil oregano, salt and black pepper until smooth. Pour the cream cheese mixture over the penne pasta in the saucepan you cooked the pasta inches.
- Stir in the spinach and tomatoes and heat thoroughly.
- Transfer the pasta to a serving bowl. Top with chicken slices. Sprinkle remaining 1 tablespoon of Parmesan cheese and chopped fresh parsley.