Crafty Lady 13's Note:
I found this recipe in the America's Most Wanted Recipes Without the Guilt. Cut the calories and keep the taste of your favorite restaurant dishes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 slices turkey bacon
- 1 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon lowfat margarine
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup potato flakes
- 6 cups hot chicken broth
- 4 cups diced peeled baked potatoes
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1/4 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley, plus more for garnish
- 1 1/2 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 cup grated low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup diced green onion, plus more for garnish
- 1Fry the bacon until crisp. Drain on paper towels and crumble.
- 2Cook the yellow onions in the margarine over medium-high heat until soft, about 3 minutes.
- 3Add the flour, whisking to prevent lumps. Cook for 4 minutes.
- 4Whisk in the potato flakes.
- 5Slowly add the chicken broth, whisking to prevent lumps and cook until the liquid thickens.
- 6Reduce the heat to a simmer and add the potatoes, milk, sour cream, crumbled bacon, parsley, garlic, basil, salt, Tabasco sauce and pepper. Simmer for 10 minutes, but do not boil.
- 7Add the grated cheese and green onions. Heat until the cheese melts.
- 8Serve, garnished with additional chopped parsley or diced green onions.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hard Rock Cafe Baked Potato Soup (Reduced Calories)
Serving Size: 1 (523 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 298.7
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 23.3 mg
- Sodium 1748.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 19.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: