Top Review by Mallory d.
Excellent! I used 1% milk instead of the heavy cream, lowfat mozarella instead of the cheddar, and used real garlic since it had it on hand, but followed everything to par. Less calories in my version, but still A+ taste. Thank you for posting!
- 8 slice bacon, fried and chopped with drippings reserved
- 236.59 ml yellow onion, diced
- 158.51 ml flour
- 1419.54 ml chicken stock, hot
- 946.36 ml potatoes, baked,peeled and diced
- 473.18 ml heavy cream
- 59.14 ml parsley, chopped
- 7.39 ml garlic powder
- 4.92 ml dried basil
- 7.39 ml salt substitute
- 7.39 ml red pepper sauce
- 7.39 ml coarse black pepper
- 236.59 ml cheddar cheese, grated
- 59.14 ml green onion, diced
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté the onions in the reserved bacon drippings over medium high heat until transparent, about 3 minutes.
- Add flour, stirring to prevent lumps; cook for 3-5 minutes, until mixture just begins to turn golden.
- Add chicken stock gradually, whisking to prevent lumps until liquid thickens.
- Reduce heat to simmer and add potatoes, cream, chopped bacon, parsley, garlic, basil, salt substitute, red pepper sauce and black pepper.
- Simmer for 10 minutes; DO NOT allow to boil.
- Add grated cheese and green onions, heat until cheese melts smoothly.
- Garnish each serving as desired with chopped bacon, grated cheese and chopped parsley.