Hard Rock Cafe Baked Potato Soup
- Sauté the onions in the reserved bacon drippings over medium high heat until transparent, about 3 minutes.
- Add flour, stirring to prevent lumps; cook for 3-5 minutes, until mixture just begins to turn golden.
- Add chicken stock gradually, whisking to prevent lumps until liquid thickens.
- Reduce heat to simmer and add potatoes, cream, chopped bacon, parsley, garlic, basil, salt substitute, red pepper sauce and black pepper.
- Simmer for 10 minutes; DO NOT allow to boil.
- Add grated cheese and green onions, heat until cheese melts smoothly.
- Garnish each serving as desired with chopped bacon, grated cheese and chopped parsley.