From Alton Brown's "I'm Just Here for the FOOD". Haven't tried this yet, but Alton says this provides a creamer egg than steaming or boiling. He says it is a bit harder to peel though. Posted in response to a recipe request. (NOTE: Servings depends on how many eggs you decide to cook!)
- Position the oven racks in the center of the oven.
- Place the eggs on the racks.
- Place a baking sheet pan in the bottom of the oven (just in case an egg breaks).
- Set the oven to 325F, and bake for 30 minutes.
- When the eggs are done, fill a large bowl with ice water and move the eggs into the bowl.
- Peel the eggs as soon as they're cool enough to handle, then return them to the ice water to thoroughly chill.