Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 3 large eggs, hard-cooked, peeled, and halved lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt (or more to taste)
- minced fresh chives, for garnish (or thin radish slices)
- 12 slices pumpernickel party bread or 12 slices crackers
- Carefully remove the yolks from the whites and very finely chop the whites.
- With the back of a spoon, press the yolks through a sieve into a small bowl.
- Add the whites, butter, chives, and salt; mash with a fork until blended.
- Taste and add more salt, if needed.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Let the pate come to room temperature before serving.
- May garnish with chives or radish slices.
- Spread on bread or accompany with bread or toast and serve.