Chef #1180005's Note:
I love this recipe! not to sure of where it came from i guess HAWAII since thats where i was born and raised:-) whats better than a GOOD sucker right!?? *ur gonna wanna prep ur molds by spraying them with pam or any type of non stick spay *remember to remove from burner as soon as thermometer reads 300 degrees to avoid over cooking candy (should look like a thick syrup) *ur gonna wanna move fast through the last steps so candy wont harden in pot.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon flavor extract (banana, orange, strawberry, etc)
- food coloring (any color u want ur lolli's to be)
- li hing mui seeds (you can substitute this with any candy choice. skittles, gum, gummy bears, etc)
- candy molds (molds that can handle or that is made for HOT temp.candy)
- lollipop sticks (you can find these in walmart and craft stores in the craft area)
- 1*prep candy molds with pam or any non-stick spray.
- 2-in a quart size pot, cook and stir your sugar, water, and corn syrup on medium heat.
- 3-stir til sugar dissolves.
- 4-put your candy thermometer in and cook until it reads 300 degrees.
- 5-remove from burner.
- 6-quickly add your flavor and food coloring(according to your color prefference).
- 7-pour candy into molds.
- 8-add in ur sticks and li hing mui seed/powder(or candy) into your candy mold.
- 9-let set and cool down for about 1 1/2 hrs or until candy is hardened and easily pops out.
- 10-wrap in candy bags(you can also find these in the same area as the sticks).
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hard Candy Li Hing Mui Lolli's
Serving Size: 1 (37 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 166.3
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 36.7 g
- Protein 0.0 g