Prep 1 min
Cook 10 mins
I love this recipe! not to sure of where it came from i guess HAWAII since thats where i was born and raised:-) whats better than a GOOD sucker right!?? *ur gonna wanna prep ur molds by spraying them with pam or any type of non stick spay *remember to remove from burner as soon as thermometer reads 300 degrees to avoid over cooking candy (should look like a thick syrup) *ur gonna wanna move fast through the last steps so candy wont harden in pot.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon flavor extract (banana, orange, strawberry, etc)
- food coloring (any color u want ur lolli's to be)
- li hing mui seeds (you can substitute this with any candy choice. skittles, gum, gummy bears, etc)
- candy molds (molds that can handle or that is made for HOT temp.candy)
- lollipop sticks (you can find these in walmart and craft stores in the craft area)
- *prep candy molds with pam or any non-stick spray.
- -in a quart size pot, cook and stir your sugar, water, and corn syrup on medium heat.
- -stir til sugar dissolves.
- -put your candy thermometer in and cook until it reads 300 degrees.
- -remove from burner.
- -quickly add your flavor and food coloring(according to your color prefference).
- -pour candy into molds.
- -add in ur sticks and li hing mui seed/powder(or candy) into your candy mold.
- -let set and cool down for about 1 1/2 hrs or until candy is hardened and easily pops out.
- -wrap in candy bags(you can also find these in the same area as the sticks).