Recipe by Radical Dreamer
This recipe is from LorAnn Oils. More of this recipes can be found at www.lorannoils.com.
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2⁄3 cup light corn syrup
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon flavoring
- 1⁄2 teaspoon food coloring
- 2 cups powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, mix together sugar, corn syrup, and water. Stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves. Bring mixture to a boil without stirring.
- Why syrup temperature reaches 260*F, add color. Do not stir; boiling action will incorporate color into syrup.
- Remove from heat at 300*F or when drops of syrup form hard, brittle threads in cold water.
- After boiling action ceases, add flavoring and stir. use caution when adding flavoring to avoid rising steam.
- Pour syrup into lightly oiled candy molds or onto greased cookie sheet and score to mark squares.
- When cool, break into pieces and dust with sugar to prevent sticking.
- Store in an airtight container.