Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is from the December 2004 issue of Martha Stewart Living. It is featured as a healthful breakfast with satisfying ingredients. The protein in the egg whites and avocados provide long lasting energy with no cholesterol.
- Cover eggs with cold water in a large pan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover, remove from heat, and let stand 20 minutes.
- Remove eggs to cool water and allow to cool.
- Peel eggs.
- Separate yolks from whites (save yolks for another use).
- Tear whites into 1-inch pieces and place in small mixing bowl.
- Halve and pit the avocados.
- Using a spoon, scrape out small pieces.
- Add to egg whites.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide eggs and avocado mixture between 4 cereal bowls and drizzle each with olive oil.
Horrid! A waste of avocados.
I've had this a few times and I find this recipe very satisfying. It's easy to mix up the seasonings however you like. Lemon is great...so is pickle juice! Something about the textures in this dish are what really make it awesome!
This was quick and easy. The flavors melded together very well. Delicious and healthy :) Thanks