Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
a good hearty dish.
- 2 cups crushed potato chips (plain)
- 9 hard-boiled eggs (sliced)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons dried onion
- salt and pepper
- in layers spread 1 cup chips, sliced eggs,and soup and milk mixed together, onion then salt and pepper.
- Finish layers with 1 cup chips.
- After layer are complete i like to add a layer of cheese to top. ANy will do, depends on what kind i have in fridge.
- Bake 350 degree's for 25 minutes.
Made this the other night and really enjoyed it. I ended up tweaking it a bit. I didn't have potato chips so I used corn chips. I also added some vegetarian chicken and grean beans to make it a bit more hearty. Would definitely be good with any cooked/frozen veggies.
I just loved this. It tasted so much like the creamed eggs my Mom used to make when I was a kid. However, it did turn out too salty for my brother-can't have sodium-so we decided the next time to make it with cornflakes instead. I think that will solve the problem. I also couldn't find the low-sodium soup I normally use, which didn't help, but I am sure I will find it again! :) I used one can of cream of celery soup and one can of cream of chicken soup, because the grocery was all out of cream of chicken when I went. I did add more than 1/2 c. milk, and still barely had enough soup to cover both layers of my eggs, but it did. Yum.
I love this simple recipe! I made a couple changes. For one I only had cream of celery soup after reading one of the comments about the saltiness so instead of store bought chips I made them homemade out of cut up corn tortillas (about 15 or so cut into small wedges) and then I put 1 1/2 cups milk. Also I used seasoning salt--just sprinkled a little bit and a lot of pepper. I am hooked, I was skeptical at first but my daughter always wants boiled eggs for every meal---She's 3 1/2 years old and she loved it, it was a whole lot yummier that I thought it would taste!!