Recipe by Georgiapea
This is another hararat recipe. I found this online as well (http://morselsandmusings.blogspot.com/2008/03/sharba-libiya.html - this website has a lovely looking soup recipe accompanying the spice blend). This one is easier to make than version 1, because the spices are already ground, thus you don't need a spice or coffee grinder. The spices are dry fried or toasted to release the flavours! Be sure NOT to add any oil.
Top Review by Elmotoo
Actually 4.5 rounded up. I did think it was easy using ground spices. I used a regular pan (vs. cast iron) so the bottom was slippery. I spooned out the toasted spices & sprinkled them on chicken breasts. Done. Very tasty but a bit heavy on the cinnamon for me - seems it could have been more balanced with less. Everyone devoured their chicken. Made for NA/ME visits Libya 10/12 - http://www.food.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=381725. Stop by!
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a nonstick frying pan to medium high heat - do NOT add any oil.
- Add spices and stir constantly until they begin to release their aroma. This will not take very long (1-4 minutes) just be sure not to let them burn.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Feel free to double/triple/etc. this recipe to make a bunch - it stores well.