1/2 Photos of "harak Mas Curry" Sri Lankan Beef Curry
2 hrs 10 mins
Lou van's Note:
Taken from Charmaine Solomon
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1360.77 g stewing beef
- 44.37 ml ghee or 44.37 ml oil
- 2 large onions, finely chopped
- 14.79 ml finely chopped fresh ginger
- 3-4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 59.16 ml ceylon curry powder
- 4.92 ml ground turmeric
- 9.85 ml black mustard seeds
- 9.85 ml salt
- 14.79 ml vinegar
- 2 fresh chilies, seeded and chopped
- 3 ripe tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1Cut steak into 2 inch squares.
- 2Heat the ghee in a saucepan and gently fry the onions, ginger and garlic until just beginning to turn golden.
- 3Add curry powder, turmeric, mustard seeds and fry over a low heat for 2-3 minutes.
- 4Add salt and vinegar and stir well.
- 5Add steak and fry, stirring to coat meat well.
- 6Add chillies and tomatoes, cover pan and simmer on a very low heat for about 2 hours.
- 7If the gravy is too thin when the meat is tender, cook over a high heat, uncovered until reduced.
- 8Serve with rice.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for "harak Mas Curry" Sri Lankan Beef Curry
Serving Size: 1 (223 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 515.2
- Calories from Fat 345
- Total Fat 38.3 g
- Saturated Fat 16.3 g
- Cholesterol 126.2 mg
- Sodium 683.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 32.7 g