"harak Mas Curry" Sri Lankan Beef Curry
- Cut steak into 2 inch squares.
- Heat the ghee in a saucepan and gently fry the onions, ginger and garlic until just beginning to turn golden.
- Add curry powder, turmeric, mustard seeds and fry over a low heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add salt and vinegar and stir well.
- Add steak and fry, stirring to coat meat well.
- Add chillies and tomatoes, cover pan and simmer on a very low heat for about 2 hours.
- If the gravy is too thin when the meat is tender, cook over a high heat, uncovered until reduced.
- Serve with rice.