Prep 0 mins
Cook 40 mins
Chicken prepared in coriander and mint leaves. I got it from site online a long time ago. Serve with rice or Indian bread
- 1 medium chicken, washed and cut into pieces
- 1⁄2 cup curds
- 3 medium sliced onions
- 1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
- 10 -15 nos. cashew nuts
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 8 black peppercorns
- 4 -5 cloves
- 4 green cardamoms
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds
- 6 green chilies
- 1 bunch coriander leaves
- 1 bunch mint leaf
- 2 tablespoons cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups warm water
- ghee, as per requirement (clarified butter)
- salt, according
- Soak the cashew nuts in water for 10 minutes and fry the sliced onions until crisp.
- Grind the cinnamon, cloves, cardamoms, black pepper, cumin seeds and coriander seeds to a fine powder.
- Grind the green chilies, coriander, mint, cashew nuts and fried onions to a fine paste separately. This is your green masala paste.
- Marinate the chicken pieces with ginger-garlic paste, curds and the green masala paste for an hour.
- Heat ghee (clarified butter) in a pan and add the chicken. Fry till the ghee (clarified butter) separates and add turmeric powder and salt as per taste.
- Sauté for 5-6 minutes and then add water. Allow it to cook until the chicken becomes tender.
- Now add the powdered masala, and cream. Simmer till the gravy becomes thick. Serve hot.