Recipe by Brian Holley
Another of my Balti recipes, get the wok out.This is a lighter curry, creamy, sexy, and wonderful to eat. As I live in Spain I tend to serve this as a tapas when friends call in for a drink. often I serve this with noodles as a change from rice. Cooking time of less than twenty minutes make this a must cook dish for those of you who are busy.The use of a apple and a few dates give a different slant to curry.
- 1 lb skinless chicken breast, and cubed
- 1 green apple, peeled cored and chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves
- 4 fluid ounces plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons fromage frais
- 1 large green chili, seeded and chopped
- 1 bunch spring onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic, pulp
- 1 teaspoon ginger, pulp
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 ounce dates, stoned and chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a blender process all the ingredients EXCEPT FOR THE CHICKEN AND DATES, to make a smooth sauce.
- Heat a wok and fry the mix for a few minutes.
- Add the chicken, stir, cover the wok with a lid and cook for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the dates and serve.
- Simple wasn't it.
- Serve with noodles or rice and a vegetable curry, some bread to mop up the sauce might be good too.