Recipe by Kree
My mother named this recipe when I was younger, because my nickname was Snappy! It was originally called Creamed Tuna on Toast. I have no idea where it came from, because it has been in my family for years!
Top Review by Sharon123
My husband loved this recipe! He ate two and then had one a little later, just cause he liked it! Thanks for a recipe I will make again and again! I used whole wheat bread and a little more celery than called for.
- 1⁄2 cup sliced celery
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 (7 ounce) can tuna, drained and flaked
- 8 pieces bread, soft (Approximately)
- parsley (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In saucepan, cook celery in butter until tender.
- Blend in soup; gradually stir in milk.
- Add tuna.
- Heat; stir now and then.
- Fold desired number of pieces of bread into muffin cups and bake at 375 degrees until golden brown (about 2-5 minutes).
- Remove from oven and top with tuna and soup mixture.
- Sprinkle with parsley if desired.