Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
My mother named this recipe when I was younger, because my nickname was Snappy! It was originally called Creamed Tuna on Toast. I have no idea where it came from, because it has been in my family for years!
- 1⁄2 cup sliced celery
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 (7 ounce) can tuna, drained and flaked
- 8 pieces bread, soft (Approximately)
- parsley (optional)
- In saucepan, cook celery in butter until tender.
- Blend in soup; gradually stir in milk.
- Add tuna.
- Heat; stir now and then.
- Fold desired number of pieces of bread into muffin cups and bake at 375 degrees until golden brown (about 2-5 minutes).
- Remove from oven and top with tuna and soup mixture.
- Sprinkle with parsley if desired.
My husband loved this recipe! He ate two and then had one a little later, just cause he liked it! Thanks for a recipe I will make again and again! I used whole wheat bread and a little more celery than called for.