Prep 50 mins
Cook 0 mins
Hearty, nourishing, delicious, nutritious, and dead easy to make. This red potato, onion and garlic broth, which I affectionately refer to, as my “Happy Peasant Soup” (do you like the smiley face I made in my photo?) is quite simply phenomenal. This phytochemical rich garlic broth will fight off any viral vampires you have to fight, whether it be a simple cold, flu, minor infection, Candida, immune disorder, or other nasty. This soup can’t hurt and can only help – and will keep our snouts happy like every self- respecting peasant before us! It is delicious! Vampires beware!
- 2 organic garlic heads
- 6 large red potatoes, srubbed and sliced
- 2 large red onions, chopped and caramelized
- 7 cups veggie stock
- celtic sea salt
- freshly ground pepper
- chopped flat leaf parsley, for garnishing
- Preheat oven to 200C/400°F.
- Place the whole unpeeled garlic bulbs in a small tray and bake for about 30 minutes.
- Parcook the potatoes in boiling water for about 10 minutes.
- Stir fry the onions until caramelized.
- Bring the veggie stock to the boil, and simmer for about 5 minutes, and then add the drained potatoes.
- Squeeze the roasted garlic pulp into the soup, season to taste, and stir through.
- Simmer for about 15 minutes until potatoes are cooked through, and the flavours infuse.
- Pulse very briefly with a hand blender so still relatively chunky and rustic.
- Garnish with parsley and serve. YUM!
Sorry , BG, this one didn't quite live up to the billing. Just a strong onion, garlicy odor and taste. I tried salt, over salt, salsa, and just couldn't rescue it. I loved the sound of the health benefits, but... Will continue working my way through your collection; so far, mostly wonderful, especially your vegan mousse.