1/3 Photos of Happy Morning Sausage-Potato Strata #5FIX
Vintage Kitchen's Note:
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. Diced potatoes replace bread cubes in this hearty & flavorful strata that's so easy to prepare. Serve for brunch with a side of fresh fruit or for dinner with a mixed-greens salad. Adding the water to a 13x9x2" ceramic baking dish and placing in the oven along with the strata creates steam which keeps the eggs light, fluffy and delicious. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Fill a 13x9x2” ceramic casserole dish with 3 cups water. Place on bottom rack in oven. Preheat oven to bake at 350 degrees.
- 2Cook sausage patties in an 11” non-stick skillet over medium heat, crumbling with spatula as they cook, about 10 minutes. Add diced potatoes with onion and cook with sausage for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally with spatula. Add cheese and stir until melted. Remove skillet from heat.
- 3Meanwhile, heat cream in small sauce pan over low heat until hot but not boiling, stirring frequently with a wooden spoon.
- 4Whisk eggs in a large bowl. Slowly pour in hot cream in stages, whisking as you pour to temper the eggs. (You may want to surround the bowl with bags of frozen veggies – or whatever frozen items you have on hand - to keep the eggs from cooking).
- 5Pour contents of skillet into a 13x9x2” non-stick metal pan (not a dark pan), evenly spreading out with spatula. Pour egg-cream mixture over the sausage-potato-cheese mixture.
- 6Bake on middle oven rack for 35-40 minutes, until eggs are set and edges begin to lightly-brown. Cut into squares and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Happy Morning Sausage-Potato Strata #5FIX
Serving Size: 1 (123 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 309.5
- Calories from Fat 231
- Total Fat 25.7 g
- Saturated Fat 13.1 g
- Cholesterol 189.2 mg
- Sodium 533.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 16.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion