Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I started making rice crispy treats yesterday when OMG! I only had 1 cup rice krispies! Now you know, if kids think rice crispy treats are coming, you better produce them!I cleaned out the cereal cupboard in a hurry! This is what I whipped up, I dubbed them "Happy Kids" because they stayed happy, no tears or tantrums. Small one from DH after he only got a small taste...LOL!
- 236.59 ml crisp rice cereal
- 236.59 ml Cap'n Crunch cereal
- 473.18 ml pretzels (coarsely crunched up)
- 236.59 ml Apple Jacks cereal
- 236.59 ml Kix cereal
- 283.49 g marshmallows
- 14.79 ml butter
- 44.37 ml peanut butter (creamy or crunchy)
- 118.29 ml vanilla frosting
- 28.39 ml candy sprinkles
- Mix cereals and pretzels in large bowl.
- On med heat in large pan melt butter and marshmallows with peanut butter.
- When completely melted remove from heat and add cereal mixture.
- Fold cereal into melted mixture until combined.
- Press into greased 9x13 pan.
- Let stand about 5 minutes.
- Microwave frosting for 45 seconds.
- Pour over mixture in pan.
- Top with sprinkles.
- Let cool completely.