Top Review by ~Bliss~
These were EXTREMELY sweet, but good, light. I did NOT follow the instructions, which I think make a tight muffin. I combined all the dry ingredients (including about 1 c. of dried apricots) and in a separate bowl, combined the wet ingredients. I then folded the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, just until incorporated. I made 6 texas size muffins.
- 3 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 lb margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix sugar, margarine, salt, nutmeg, vanilla, baking soda and cinnamon together for two minutes.
- Add eggs, sour cream, milk and flour and mix again for another two minutes.
- Scrape down bowl sides and mix for another minute.
- Fill muffin pans or loaf/cake pans 2/3 full.
- Bake at 375 degrees until center is firm.
- If you desire, you can fold raisins, cherries, apples, nuts, blueberries, dates or any other fruits to the batter before spooning into muffin tins.