After years of perfecting this recipe, I think this one is a winner! It is always a great idea to whip up a batch at the beginning of the week to have on hand for sandwich spreads, or when you need a low-calorie snack! Hummus makes me happy.
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained (aka garbanzo beans)
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced (feel free to use 3 tbsp is you love garlic)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons organic sesame tahini
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt, freshly ground
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and process for 2-3 minutes. Place in a small container and refrigerate for 3-4 hours. Top with sprinkled paprika and serve with your favorite veggies (mine are cucumbers!) or pita chips.
We added some extra minced garlic to this and it was fantastic. Even better than the store bought stuff!!! Thanks for sharing.
Very easy and tasty. I did add a bit more cumin, as we like it a lot! Great with some pita chips. Made for Spring 2012 Pick a Chef game.