After years of perfecting this recipe, I think this one is a winner! It is always a great idea to whip up a batch at the beginning of the week to have on hand for sandwich spreads, or when you need a low-calorie snack! Hummus makes me happy.
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained (aka garbanzo beans)
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced (feel free to use 3 tbsp is you love garlic)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons organic sesame tahini
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt, freshly ground
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and process for 2-3 minutes. Place in a small container and refrigerate for 3-4 hours. Top with sprinkled paprika and serve with your favorite veggies (mine are cucumbers!) or pita chips.