Recipe by Hey Jude
Quick and easy appetizer, good with drinks. This is easy to double or triple to the amount you need.
Top Review by mensan98th
Good and versatile recipe. I had oversized stuffing mushrooms, so I doubled the filling and used a bleu-chevre blend for half. I also substituted Worcestershire sauce because I was out of soy. The mushrooms can be microwaved for 5 minutes for good results.
- 10 medium mushrooms (about 1/2 lb.)
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons shredded monterey jack cheese (or cheese of your choice, I use pepper-jack or chiquita cheese w/chiles)
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine or 2 tablespoons red wine
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1⁄3 cup fine cracker crumb (I use Ritz)
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove stems from mushrooms and reserve for another use.
- In a small pan over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter; brush over mushroom caps, coating thoroughly.
- In a small bowl, stir together remaining 4 tablespoons butter, garlic and cheese until blended; stir in wine, soy and cracker crumbs until well blended.
- Place mushrooms, cavity side up, on a rimmed baking sheet; mound filling in mushrooms, pressing in lightly.
- Broil about 6 inches from heat until bubbly and lightly browned, about 3 minutes; serve warm.