1/1 Photo of Happy Holiday Cider
1 hr 10 mins
Warm cider gives off a heavenly aroma to welcome snow-laden guests. This recipe uses baked apples studded with cloves, along with fresh citrus juices, apple cider, and spices. The prep time is baking time for the apples.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
- 2Insert about half the cloves into 2 baking apples.
- 3Place the apples in a 2-quart square baking dish.
- 4Add the water.
- 5Bake apples, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- 6Add crab apples, if desired.
- 7Bake an additional 25 to 30 minutes or until apples and crab apples are tender; cool slightly.
- 8Halve or quarter baking apples.
- 9Set aside.
- 10Meanwhile, squeeze juice from oranges and lemons (you should have 1-1/3 cups orange juice and 3/4 cup lemon juice).
- 11In a 4-quart Dutch oven combine orange and lemon juices, apple cider, sugar, cinnamon, remaining cloves, allspice, and nutmeg. Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
- 12Simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
- 13Use a slotted spoon to remove whole cloves and stick cinnamon from cider mixture.
- 14To serve, place apples in a large heat-proof punch bowl; carefully pour cider mixture into bowl.
Browse Our Top Punch Beverage Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Happy Holiday Cider
Serving Size: 1 (247 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 97.6
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 19.6 g
- Protein 1.0 g