Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 mins
A quick breakfast or double for a brunch.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 -5 mushrooms, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 1⁄4 cup seeded and chopped fresh tomato (1 small tomato)
- 5 large eggs, beaten
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Melt butter in a skillet or omelet pan until frothy.
- Add the sliced mushrooms and sauté for about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Toss in the spinach.
- It should wilt in about 1 minute.
- Add the chopped tomato and sauté quickly to simmer away any juices.
- You don't want it to weep into the eggs.
- Add the eggs and salt and pepper.
- Keep the eggs moving by shaking and swirling the pan.
- When they are about halfway firm, add the shredded cheese.
- Continue cooking until done.
I'm not sure who Heff is, but DH & I were both very happy with this recipe. DD wasn't thrilled ("too many veggies"); I think it is safe to say that this is a dish that will appeal more to adult palates. We enjoyed the combination of the fresh vegetables, eggs & cheese. The dish didn't haven't a lot of eye appeal, but the taste was very good. Other vegetables like asparagus would add in well. Next time I might use a little garlic. If you don't do vegetarian meals, a bit of bacon crumbled into the mixture would be very tasty. Thanks, Dancer. And by the way, who IS Heff?