Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I always hated the store-bought tartare sauce, so when one of my students asked if he could use some of mine and I didn't have any, I decided to come up with one that I liked....and here it is....
- 1 teaspoon red pepper, finely chopped (could use pimiento)
- 1 teaspoon fresh flat leaf parsley, rough chop
- 1 teaspoon white onion, finely chopped (shallot would be good also)
- 1 tablespoon dill pickle, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-calorie mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- Combine all ingredients.
- Chill thoroughly.
I used more pickles and parsley and was pleased to have a quick homemade tartar sauce. DH declared this so much better than storebought!