Recipe by Happy Harry #2
This is my take on an idea from another site. A young man had requested a sandwich filling his grandmother use to make. He only remembered some of the ingredients...I filled in the rest and came up with this goody! His version also had chopped ham which I left out.
- 8 ounces low-fat cream cheese, broken up
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion, finely chopped
- 2 pimientos, chopped
- 1 cup milk (I use 2%)
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar (I use Splenda)
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Put sugar, flour, seasonings and 1/2 cup cold milk in a saucepan. Mix until smooth.
- Stir in rest of ingredients and heat slowly over low heat.
- Stir constantly until it starts to thicken.
- Remove from heat. Allow to cool, stirring occasionally.
- Store in refrigerator.
- This makes a great sandwich with a slice of tomato on whole wheat bread.