Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is so fun to make and to watch the kids face light up.
- 10 ounces white cake mix (duncan hines)
- 1 1⁄3 cups milk (milk makes them softer) or 1 1⁄3 cups water (milk makes them softer)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 2 (12 ounce) containers white frosting
- 1 (14 ounce) package M&M's (medium)
- yellow food coloring
- red food coloring
- Prepare cake according to directions.
- Meanwhile, place each container of frosting in its own bowl.
- Add food coloring to the frosting. To make orange food coloring you will need to add yellow and red together.
- So at the end you should have one bowl of yellow frosting and one bowl of orange frosting.
- Frost cupcakes with yellow frosting.
- Place 2 of the same color of m&m's to make eyes on top of the frosting.
- Add orange frosting to a pastry bag with a round tip at the end to frost with.
- Make a line for a smile.
- * You may need 3 tubs of frosting according to how heavy you frost the cupcakes*.
- *First 4 ingredients listed are according to cake box instructions, if you use a different brand follow box ingredients.