Prep 2 mins
Cook 5 mins
Adopted from the book How to Prevent and Treat Cancer with Natural Medicine Endorsed by the Cancer Treatment Center of America servings approx. depending on bowl size
- 1 1⁄2 cups rolled oats
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 apples, green chopped or 1 golden delicious apple, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup raw pumpkin seeds, flower seeds or 1⁄2 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons organic flax seed oil (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon organic honey
- nonfat yogurt, for topping (optional)
- Combine all ingredients except flaxseed oil and honey and simmer for 10 minute Turn off heat, cover and let steam for 5 minute Stir in flaxseed oil and honey. Top with nonfat yogurt if desired.
Mmm, this was good! I really liked the addition of the crunchy seeds (I used a mix of pumpkin and sunflower seeds and reduced the amount a bit cause I didnt have enough).
I enjoyed mine straight without oil, honey or yogurt and still it was soo good!
THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this winner with us! Ill surely make this again!
Made and reviewed for the Aussie/NZ Recipe Swap October 2010.
This made me very happy after gym. i put apple and pear into mine and served with vanilla yoghurt. I left out the oil and drizzled the honey over the top. It makes a generous amount and I will be able to microwave another couple of serves - very enjoyable so thanks Connie.
I halved the recipe and it still made 2 servings. I enjoyed the apple in it, and used ground flax seed instead of oil. I also put agave nectar in instead of honey and topped with plain yogurt. Thanks for a healthy breakfast! Made for the Comfort Cafe-Jan. 2010.