Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Cooking Light
Make and share this Happily Ever After Shrimp recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs large shrimp, peeled and deveined and butterflied
- 1⁄2 cup thawed orange juice concentrate, undiluted
- 1 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and chopped
- Combine first 9 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag; seal and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes.
- Prepare grill while shrimp is marinating. Soak a grilling plank in water.
- Remove shrimp from bag, reserving marinade. Place shrimp on grilling plank in a single layer; they can be close together.
- Place plank on the grill over medium-high heat. Cook about 4 minutes, till they start to pink up then turn the shrimp, and cook till just thoroughly pinked. Don't overcook or you have rubber shrimp! You can use the marinade to baste when you turn them, but they cook quickly, so you might not have time for that.