Prep 2 mins
Cook 10 mins
Hap Towne owned one of the best "Meat and Three" restaurants in Nashville, TN
Make and share this Hap Towne's Stewed Raisins recipe from Food.com.
- 1. Place raisins in a heavy saucepan.
- 2. Barely cover with water and bring to a boil over high heat.
- 3. Turn heat down to medium and cook until water is below first row of raisins.
- 4. Add butter, stirring until melted. Mix flour and sugar and add to raisins.
- 5. Cook 2 minutes more, stirring. (If watery, bring back to a boil; if stiff, add water).