Recipe by Tea Jenny
This dish is one I have made many times, it’s very tasty and it appeals to most tastes. You can serve it as an everyday meal or if you have guests. I hope you like it, we do.
- 8 boneless chicken thighs
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 1 cup mixed mushrooms, sliced
- 1 stick celery, chopped
- 2 cloves roasted garlic
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Chinese five spice powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fish sauce (nam pla)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh coriander (cilantro)
- cooking spray
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Season the chicken and Brown in a med hot pan and keep warm on the side
- Saute the garlic, onion, celery and the mushrooms.
- Add the Chinese five spice ground coriander.
- Add the chicken stock and fish sauce.
- Add the chicken back to the pan with juices and simmer till cooked though.
- Thicken with a little cornstarch.
- Serve with egg noodles or rice
- Garnish with the chopped cilantro.