I think this Cupcake Menorah as a Hanukkah activity for kids is such a cute and easy idea. You can start with any boxed cake mix recipe and use ready made frosting or make your favorite basic cake and frosting recipe Make a healthier choice using these recipes for Banana Bread or Carrot Cake. Just bake them in muffin tins and spread these with cream cheese frosting when cool. From www.thekosherchannel.com
- 9 cupcakes or 9 muffins, frosted
- 2 -3 colors decorating icing
- candy cake decorations
- 9 hanukkah candles
- Take any frosted cupcake or muffin, decorate with colored icing, candy stars, stars of David , candy dreidels or snowflake sprinkles, coconut, etc.
- Place eight of the cupcakes on a long platter, on a board covered in foil or around the edge of a round platter. In the center of the row or circle, place a pretty inverted drinking glass or small bowl. Set the "shamash" cupcake here.
- Place a real candle in the center of each cupcake.
- For an fire-free edible candle, place a chocolate covered wafer stick such as Twix, Pirouline, or even Twizzlers, cut to size, lengthwise in the center of each cupcake and make a "flame" with dab with white or yellow frosting on top.
- The Cupcake Menorah makes a creative, easy Hanukkah centerpiece and the kids will really enjoy watching their dessert flicker away throughout the meal. They may even stay at the table a bit longer!
- for more ideas to make your Cupcake Menorah see www.thekosherchannel.com under "Hanukkah".
SO cute! I made them for the first night and had to promise to make them for the last. The kids decorated their own and loved watching as their candle burned through dinner. Thanks!