1/2 Photos of Hanukkah Brisket
2 hrs 20 mins
Found this recipe last year and made it for Hanukkah, but is great anytime! Soooo delicious! This is made in an oven cooking bag.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Trim excess fat from brisket. Sprinkle with pepper and salt.
- 2Place flour in a large oven cooking bag and shake. Add brisket. Set bag in a large roasting pan.
- 3Combine carrots, celery, onions, undrained tomatoes, wine, soup mix, basil and bay leaves. Pour ontop of brisket.
- 4Close bag; cut slits in top of bag and seal.
- 5Roast in a 325º oven for 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until tender.
- 6Remove bay leaves.
- 7Slice meat across the grain into 1/4 inch thick slices.
- 8Skim fat from pan juices and serve with meat.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hanukkah Brisket
Serving Size: 1 (199 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 222.6
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 70.3 mg
- Sodium 502.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 24.6 g