Recipe by Mille®
Use this sauce for roast chicken or turkey. This must have been hard work to make in Victorian days when all the pounding was done by hand but is easily done in a food processor. It is a smooth, pale-beige sauce with a rich and interesting flavour.
- 1 chicken livers or 1 turkey liver (from the bird being cooked)
- 5 fluid ounces double cream
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice only
- 1 anchovy fillet, washed in milk
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim off the strings and any yellow parts and boil the chicken liver with the rest of the giblets to make a little stock- this will take about 30 minutes.
- Put it into a food processor with the rest of the ingredients but use very little salt as the anchovy is a little salty.
- Liquidize the mixture, pour into a saucepan and heat through.