Recipe by dianeporto
Recipe using 1 (40 oz.)Can Beans to instead of soaking the dry beans over nite.
- 2 lbs bone-in ham
- 2 quarts water
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, diced
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, shredded
- 40 1⁄2 ounces great northern beans
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook ham in water 2 to 3 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove meat from bone and cut into bite-size pieces.
- Add celery, onions and carrots to broth; simmer until vegetables are tender.
- Add ham, beans and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes.
- Notes: Use the large size can of beans in this recipe. You can also use ham flavered soup base 2 teaspoons should do. Enjoy.