Prep 3 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a yummy Vietnamese dish I found on the net. Let me know what you think.
- 1 tablespoon light muscovado sugar
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 garlic clove (chopped)
- 1 shallot (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons palm sugar (or golden caster sugar)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 500 g boneless pork, lion (minced)
- 250 g rice noodles (cooked)
- 125 g bean sprouts
- 1 cup cilantro leaf
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 1 cup mint leaf
- 2 cups lettuce leaves
- Gently melt the light muscovado sugar with two-thirds of the fish sauce in a heavy based saucepan, stirring all the time.
- Allow to cool a little then transfer it to a bowl and combine it with the garlic, shallot, palm or caster sugar, the remaining fish sauce and salt.
- Add the minced pork, mix thoroughly, then cover and leave to stand for 3 hours.
- Shape the minced pork into 20-24 flat little patties, about 1 inch in diameter, place them under a preheated grill and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side, until cooked through. The patties are also very good cooked on the barbecue.
- To serve, divide the noodles between 4 warmed bowls, add the pork, torn lettuce leaves, bean sprouts and herbs.
- Spoon the dipping sauce over the whole lot.