From Weber’s Big Book of Grilling
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced serrano chili, with seeds
- 2 lbs top sirloin steaks
- 2 bunches green onions, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces (white part only)
- 1To make the marinade: mix together the marinade ingredients (lime juice through serrano chile).
- 2Cut the sirloin into 1 ¼-inch cubes.
- 3Place the cubes in a large heavy-duty zip-lock bag; pour the marinade into the bag.
- 4Press the air out of the bag and seal tightly.
- 5Turn the bag to distribute the marinade; place bag in a bowl and refrigerate 1-2 hours, turning occasionally.
- 6Remove meat from bag and discard marinade.
- 7Skewer meat alternately with the onions, threading the onions crosswise.
- 8Let the kabobs stand at room temperature for 20-30 minutes before grilling.
- 9Grill kabobs over direct medium heat until the meat is medium-rare (8-10 minutes), turning once halfway through grilling time.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hanoi Beef Kabobs
Serving Size: 1 (221 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 563.8
- Calories from Fat 352
- Total Fat 39.1 g
- Saturated Fat 14.1 g
- Cholesterol 148.0 mg
- Sodium 679.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 44.1 g