Recipe by ChandraSoleil
This recipe was developed by Hannah a 10-year-old budding chef! A smooth and creamy garlicy cheese sauce for brocolli. Can also be used on almost anything savory! Almost any combination of chees on hand can be used. Kid-friendly and super yummy!!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups low-fat milk
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄2 cup swiss cheese
- 1⁄4 cup asiago cheese
- 1⁄4 cup romano cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Warm the milk in the microwave for 1 -2 minutes. Grate the cheeses and crush the garlic. Melt Butter in a large saucepan on medium heat. Add flour and stir together. Let cook for 2 minutes and then add milk and whisk until smooth. Adjust heat and bring to a simmer. Add crushed garlic, cheeses and seasoning and whisk smooth until smooth and creamy adding a little more milk to thin if the sauce becomes too thick. Only add salt after tasting as the chees and butter contain salt.
- Serve over veggies, chicken, fish or pasta!