Found at scandinaviancooking.com, this sugar cookie recipe is uniquely Scandinavian for its inclusion of cardamom. Posted for ZWT 9.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Beat the butter (margarine) until creamy. Beat in the sugar until well blended.
- 3Stir in the egg, then the salt, cardamom, vanilla extract, and almond extract.
- 4Slowly add the flour, blending well.
- 5Refrigerate the dough for 30-90 minutes. Take out only enough to work with at one time.
- 6Roll to 1/8" thickness on a lightly floured board. (Flour the rolling pin lightly, too, or use a rolling pin cover.) Cut the dough with floured cutters.
- 7Place cookies on ungreased baking sheets (optional: use parchment paper). Leave a little room between cookies. Bake at 350°F for 11-15 minutes until lightly browned at edges. Remove cookies from baking sheets after 1-2 minutes and let them cool.
- 8These cookies may be frozen. You can refrigerate the dough or even freeze it for later use.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hannah's Sugar Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (21 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 96.2
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 18.7 mg
- Sodium 63.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 1.3 g