Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
My best friend's recipe, she always makes it for me when I'm sick!
- 4 -6 medium idaho potatoes, cubed
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 lbs Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 2 (8 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- black pepper
- white pepper
- garlic powder
- cooked and crumbled bacon (or bacon bits)
- sour cream
- Boil potatoes and onion until potatoes are easy to mash.
- Mash potatoes.
- Add butter, cheese and soup.
- Cook until cheese is melted.
- Add seasonings to taste.
- If soup is too thick, add warm milk (if it's not warmed, it will curdle!).
- Garnish with chives, bacon and sour cream to taste and enjoy.