Recipe by Bec
From "The Great Minnesota Hot Dish" cookbook, the recipe's submitter added that Hannah is her husband's mother. "She made this hot dish wehn the family gathered from all corners of the country...she never tilted it, just called it a good hot dish. We all agree."
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef (seasoned with a pinch of salt and black pepper)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups chopped celery, blanched
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 (14 ounce) can bean sprouts, drained
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper (pinch)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a saucepan, over medium heat, stir and cook ground beef and onions until browned.
- Drain all but 2 tablespoons of drippings.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients; mix well.
- Pour mixture into a 3-quart glass baking dish or a covered roasting pan.
- Cover tightly with foil.
- Bake 2 hours.