My daughter asked for a chicken salad for dinner tonight. She wanted chicken with light green lettuce leaves. When asked what flavors she wanted on the chicken, she said Asian. So here we have Hannah's Asian Chicken Strip Salad. By the way, she's 8. I don't usually measure my ingredients, I just pour until it looks right so these are guidelines more than actual measurements.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast
- 1 head romaine lettuce hearts
- 1 head boston lettuce
- 1/2 orange bell pepper, cut into 1/2 inch chunks
- 1/2 red pepper, cut into 1/2 inch chunks
- 1 cucumber, seeded and sliced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved if large
- 1 carrot, cut into small pieces
- 1 celery rib, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1Mix together the soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, lime juice and honey in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- 2Cut the chicken breasts into strips about 1 inch wide.
- 3Pour half the sauce into another bowl and set that aside. That will become the dressing. Add the chicken strips to the remaining sauce. Mix to ensure that all pieces are coated.
- 4Heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan.
- 5When the oil is heated, place the chicken strips in the pan. Do not crowd the pan. Let chicken brown on one side and then turn to brown other side. Since the strips are thin it should only take 5 - 10 minutes total.
- 6Once all the chicken strips are sauteed remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- 7In the meantime, wash the lettuce and rip into bite sized pieces. Put them in a large salad bowl. To that add the peppers, cucumbers, tomatoes, carrots, celery and sesame seeds.
- 8Take the sauce that you previously set aside and add the mayonnaise and cilantro to it. Sprinkle in the red pepper flakes. Whisk to combine.
- 9Lay the chicken strips atop the salad and pour some dressing over it.
Browse Our Top Asian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hannah's Asian Chicken Strip Salad
Serving Size: 1 (388 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 400.6
- Calories from Fat 151
- Total Fat 16.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 73.6 mg
- Sodium 1144.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 25.8 g
- Protein 29.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: