Recipe by True Texas
This seems to be another alternative to my recipe for "Little Sausage Snacks". I found this recipe at Cooks.com. Sounds good but haven't tried it yet. Cute name!
Top Review by Kevlarturtle
My mother used to make this every Christmas Eve when I was growing up, as well as for other special occaisions calling for finger food. They're delicious, and you can't beat it for ease! It's not particularly health OR hip, but I must say I have VERY fond memories of the stuff!
- 2 loaves rye cocktail bread
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb pork sausage, mild
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon oregano
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown meats together and drain well.
- Add Tabassco and oregano.
- Cut Velvetta into chunks and add to meat in large skillet. When cheese is melted, spread on rye bread.
- Put on cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees until hot. You can also make ahead and freeze then heat in 350 oven.